Please read the Course Registration Book thoroughly. We urge students and parents to weigh course choices in terms of what students plan to do upon graduation from high school. A student’s interests, ability, and motivation are also important factors in making decisions concerning course selections. Additionally, teacher and counselor recommendations are very important to consider. For more detailed description of rules and guidelines beyond what is listed below, please read through the Course Registration book.
- The Harrison Guidance Team meets with each assigned student one-on-one throughout the year to discuss a multitude of topics: scheduling, future goals/plans/dreams, class performance and grades, college, apprenticeships, applications, testing, and much more!
- We hold registration meetings for students, per grade level, usually late in February to discuss the process of registration and hand out class registration worksheets.
- Late February we also hold an evening parent registration meeting for 8th grades parents (incoming freshman) to help orient them to the high school scheduling process.
- Student will take the registration worksheet home and pick out classes with guardians (usually a 2 day window).
- The student then brings the completed request form back to school on designated Teacher Recommendation Day (usually a couple days after registration meeting), where core class teachers either recommend them for the class he/she selected or recommend a different level/class. The teachers will initial next to the recommended class.
- The day after Teacher Recommendation Day the guidance counselors pulls classes into computer labs and the students enter in their class requests (what classes the teacher recommended you for). If you disagree with the teacher's recommendation you can fill out the Petition to Upgrade form and turn it into your student's assigned counselor. After the form has been turned in your student's guidance counselor will make scheduling adjustments.
- Incoming Freshman (current 8th graders) will be having a one-on-one scheduling meeting with designated guidance counselor to schedule their classes.
2017/2018 School Year Scheduling Dates
- Registration meetings with current Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors- 2/22/17
- Registration meeting with current 8th graders- 2/22/17
- Parent Registration meeting for current 8th grade parents- 2/22/17 @ 6:30pm in Auditorium
- Teacher Recommendation Day 2/24/17
- Online class registration begins 2/28/17
This form is to be used when a parent and student would like to take a higher level class than what was recommended by their teacher. These must be turned in before school starts.Work Study InformationIf you are interested in scheduling half days/work study for your Junior or Senior year, please watch this informative Prezi by clicking here. If you are still interested, please visit your guidance counselor.
Registration Meeting Slideshows
Click on the links below to view the registration slideshows. Be sure to click the correct slideshow since different classes have different graduation requirements!
In an effort to save natural resources, we have a limited number of printed Course Registration Books available in the high school. A digital copy of the Course Registration Book is available in the link below.